Monday, November 2, 2009

Winter's Moon


















I stare out my window tonight,
The cold moon gives off a strange light.
Its so mournful I heard it sigh,
Setting up there so very high.

I know that sigh, I know it well,
Within my heart it mutely dwells.
A sigh can be a lovely thing,
Sometimes it makes you want to sing.

Somewhere, some place there is some one,
Looking at the moon just for fun.
Tonight we are together free,
That's a very good way to be.

Tomorrow's dawn will shine anew,
I wonder how life is with you.
The one who watched the moon with me,
With poet's thoughts we both agree.

Will we be poets come daybreak,
Or has it all been one more fake?
Will we pick up our guns and fire,
Your god and mine are just for hire.

©November 2, 2009 / Jerry Pat Bolton

3 comments:

  1. Loved it, I have thought before about someone afar looking at the same moon as I. Also the last stanza is powerful!!!! Bravo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the rhyme & rhythm in this one!
    And thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspiration the moon can be!! Like your poem a lot, especially the last stanza!!
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete