Wednesday, December 2, 2009

We Have Some Time
























Loveliness
caught me staring
vivid emerald eyes stared back
unblinking
asking the unasked
touching my soul
deeply
saying she understood
approved
of this visual tête-à-tête

Meandering stream
rippling surface current
beneath antediluvian oak
laden with vibrant green leaves
nature's awning
a blanket spread
impending lovers
cool gentle zephyr
unable
twin passion to impede

My trembling hand she took
to her breast
natural crimson lips touched
my bone dry mouth
lingered there
tasting of jasmine sachet
tentative tongue
scorched mine
set off
simultaneous sighs

We have some time
whispered mouth against my ear
hot against passion spent
tangled skirt
twisted pants strewn
hodgepodge
here and there
I knew not words
to answer

Old am I now
life lived did survive
never forgot
nameless girl
ancient oak
summer days of love
tender and good
jasmine smells
memory haunted by her words
We have some time

4 comments:

  1. Jerry,
    I'm loving this... sensual and gentle, I can smell the jasmine... what a beautiful time and place to be... Greate poem!! Thank you for the trip,
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alex, You are nice, thank you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerry, I am in a visit with you now: I love this site. I loved this poem. Meeting other writers is always wonderful, with some, it is an instant language-bonding event...such as this. You wrote that you 'met' me on AD, have you seen my Bookrix site? http://www.bookrix.com/etelizabeth .
    I have 3 short stories there you might find interesting. Hope to hear from you again. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by, I am honored. I will check out your link and let you know my imppression in a little while . . . Thanks again, Elizabeth . . . P.S.: I like that name

    ReplyDelete