Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dottie's Love



loving you was so exquisite
in those early days
it felt like dying from passion
to gaze upon your face
your lips which quivered when you smiled
those dark brown eyes
sometimes almost dark like chocolate
to look at you thusly
could send me into the stratosphere
and your simple touch
could bring me back to solid earth
you touched me where none had before
stood strong
when standing strong was needed
all for me
sacrificed your desire many times
for mine
when I found myself
walking through the minefield of
insecurity
you were my rock
always there
smiling, standing strong for me
you said much the same about me
we leaned on one another
all those years
if you were disappointed
with your life
and me
you never let it show
until the ravages of hell descended upon you
even then
when I looked into those eyes
I saw Dottie of old
not the ravaged one going through hell
the pain you suffered
was relatively short
I am grateful for that
I think of those last days daily
can't help it
couldn't help it then
but mostly
I think of those wonderful, wonderful
good times
great times
fantastic times we had
getting to where we were

next month will be a year
since you left
just want you to know
my love is still strong

©January 2, 2010 / Jerry Pat Bolton

2 comments: