Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ruth


Will she ever come back to me,
To whisper untruths in my ear?
My lovely woman from the sea.
No, she's gone forever I fear.

Her face was chiseled out of lust,
Her body had treasures untold.
Her aura of earthiness musk,
Around my maleness to unfold.

Young, she was much too young for me,
She gave me passion I had lost,
Whether making love or sipping tea,
But God in Heaven what a cost.

I walked around with a huge smirk,
Reveling in the charms of her youth.
She made me feel like a young Turk,
As I whispered her name, sweet Ruth.

A ballerina, style and grace,
She tiptoed o'er my weary heart.
Her voice was like poison and lace,
She measured me up, a la carte.

With arms that soothed my savage beast,
Her long legs wrapped around my waist,
Upon my body Ruth did feast,
Until my problems were erased.

I was malleable to her desires,
A wink and a nod was all it took.
Her voice like a Heavenly choir,
Stirred memories of ancient brooks.

Ruth's strength lay within her weakness,
A clinging, wanting kind of joy.
She supped from my soul with finesse,
In her hands I was beguiled, oy.

When two can become one with heat,
Ecstasy is ripe on the plum,
And she clung to my offered meat,
Only tempered with sips of rum.

Ruth's lips, aged in barrels of wine,
A last meal, how could I not know?
As we made love beneath the pines.
She took me to peaks, then to woe.

I see her now where 'er she be,
A new lover she's given the eye.
She takes him on with bogus glee,
But, oh, I wish I was that guy.

I sit staring out the window,
And rue the day she came my way.
I'll never be the same, I know,
My skies are cold and gray each day.

I look toward Heaven and I shriek,
Why did she forsake me, my God?
Like a fool I think He will speak,
Is Ruth nothing but a façade.
When I have moments of real truth,
I have a feeling so absurd.
Oh, but she made me feel my youth,
Was it real, did it in fact, occur?

Was she a dream or was it real,
Things get fuzzy when you are old
Did I make love to the real deal,
Or was it a dream that I did hold?

©January 11, 2010 / Jerry Pat Bolton

2 comments:

  1. Jerry,
    Mirage or reality... it doesn't matter as long as it's ours. Beautifully written!!
    -Alex

    ReplyDelete