Sunday, January 24, 2010

Life's Sonnet #1
























Life's Sonnet #1


My heart tells me no, look back to the past,
I calm my heart with tenderness and care,
And say there is a future unsurpassed,
If we but reach for it, it will be there.

My foresight and reality are one,
I cannot divide them in two, you see;
They help me as I look toward the sun,
Foresight, reality and me are three.

This inner struggle has cost us a lot,
The pursuit of the beyond scares us both,
Still, it's not too late a dream to be sought,
A paltry weed needs the sun for its growth.

We wake up and look for the morning light,
From it we ascend to infinite heights.

©September 25, 2009 / Jerry Pat Bolton

2 comments:

  1. Waking up to a dream in the morning light... those dreams are most powerful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have found that to be true, Alex. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete